03 Jun Paddle and Hike Adventure Week June 25-30, 2017
This guided instructional five day program is offered in partnership with Black Feather Adventures and immerses you in the mountain environment.
Sunday June 25- Friday June 30, 2017
The Kootenay is a mountainous river run starting in Kootenay National Park, near the continental divide. Nipika Mountain Resort is nestled in this wilderness, with the Kootenay River flowing past. Our “Paddle and Hike” adventure includes 5 nights at Nipika.
There will be day-hikes up Aurora Creek to view Mount Assiniboine, and around the Kindersley Pass. You will want to be in reasonable physical shape for the hikes as there can be considerable elevation change; but, we will adjust the routes and pace to suit the group.
We will also enjoy 2 canoeing day-trips on the Kootenay River and will pass many fascinating features: the Cross River natural bridge, tufa deposits, and wind-and-water-sculpted hoodoos. The river flows swiftly, with Class 1 and 2 rapids interspersed. Any adventurous person can enjoy this trip. In our stable and forgiving SOARS canoes, the rapids are accessible for most paddlers. Experienced canoeists will still appreciate the constant current, numerous rapids, and exceptional scenery.
Our base is Nipika Mountain Resort – a lovely eco-lodge on the shore of the river. We’ll return to Nipika each afternoon for a sauna followed by an excellent group dinner.
Early Bird – $1,480.00 + taxes
Regular price – $1,550.00 + taxes
This trip is partnership with Blackfeather Adventures.
What is Included:
• 5 nights at Nipika Mountain Resort in a “family-style” log cabin or at the main lodge – mostly double occupancy
• group-prepared meals at Nipika – Day 1 dinner to Day 6 breakfast
• excellent trail lunches and snacks on day trips (Days 2 to 5)
• wine with dinners
• high-quality, SOAR, 2-person inflatable canoes
• paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
• first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
• shuttles between Nipika and the river on Day 3 and Day 4
• transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc. to and from the expedition