21 May COVID-19 Information
Keeping guests and staff safe
Nipika reopening June 1
We are excited to share that Nipika Mountain Resort is reopening cabin accommodations on Monday, June 1, 2020.
The health and safety of our guests, staff, and the community are Nipika’s priority and we continue to follow government and public health guidelines.
We are fortunate that Nipika can provide a wonderful experience while easily accommodating physical distancing. The cabins are self-contained and check in and guest services can be provided at a safe distance. Cabins have been, and will always be, cleaned to meet public health guidelines.
We are taking additional steps to ensure guest and staff safety:
- Enhanced cleaning with a focus on high-touch areas like door handles, light switches, handrails, faucets, and knobs on cupboards;
- Coffee, tea, games and books have been removed from the cabins.
- Adjusted check out and check in times for extra cleaning protocols (10am checkout and 5pm check in);
- Common areas like the day lodge and sauna will remain closed; and
- Staying informed, staying home if feeling unwell, and practicing proper distancing.
There are three firepits available. At this time, they will remain open but we ask guests only use a firepit with people from your own family/cabin.
The trails remain open to both cabin and day-use guests. There are numerous activities for all ages and abilities that allow physical distancing.
Nipika will continue to offer guided activities but with a reduced capacity to comply with physical distancing. Please call the office or see the on-site host about availability.
Nipika’s staff are knowledgeable with current public health protocols and will continue to follow the recommendations of both provincial and federal governments and all major health agencies.
We believe physical activity and being in nature are integral to health and well-being. Practice hand washing, physical distancing, and come enjoy all Nipika Mountain Resort has to offer. We are overjoyed to welcome you back!