27 Sep Paddle and Hike Week – Sept. 13-18, 2020
Dates: Sunday, Sept. 13- Friday, Sept. 18, 2020
Paddle & Hike Week offers a unique way to explore the Canadian Rockies— by foot and paddle and from mountains and rivers.
It involves five nights in Nipika’s eco log cabins, day hikes up Aurora Creek and around Kindersley Pass, and two day trips canoeing the Kootenay River.
Guests will enjoy alpine hikes with wildflowers and possibly wildlife. While paddling, guests will see the Cross River natural bridge, tufa deposits, and wind and water-sculpted hoodoos.
The hikes offer considerable elevation change, but routes and paces can be adjusted to suit the group. The Kootenay flows swiftly with class 1 and 2 rapids. In the stable SOAR canoes, the rapids are accessible for most paddlers.
What is included:
- five nights at Nipika Mountain Resort in a family-style log cabin – shared accommodation
- Upgrade to private accommodations for a fee
- group-prepared meals at Nipika – day 1 dinner to day 6 breakfast
- excellent trail lunches and snacks on day trips (days 2 to 5)
- wine with dinners
- high-quality, two-person inflatable SOAR canoes
- paddles, PFDs, throw bags, paddling helmets
- first aid, safety, river rescue, and repair kits
- shuttles between Nipika and the river on day 3 and day 4
- transportation of guides, group gear, food, etc.
What isn’t included?
- Personal clothing and gear – a recommended clothing & equipment list will be provided
- Travel between your home and Nipika
- Optional shuttle between Calgary Airport and Nipika – $125 each way
- Any hotel accommodation or meals other than those listed above
- Souvenirs, purchases of a personal nature, etc.
- Any additional expenses or costs incurred as a result of delays to the trip caused by factors beyond our control – i.e. weather, water levels, flight delays, etc.
- Any costs associated with your emergency evacuation from the trip
Price: $1850.00 + taxes
This trip is in partnership with Blackfeather Adventures.