21 Jan Ski Week in the Rockies – January 17-22, 2021
This instructional cross-country ski week is the perfect ski holiday for the beginner to advanced skier. Expert coaching, incredible trails, social activities, and wholesome food make this an experience you will never forget.
Nipika Ski Week includes accommodation for five nights, all meals, coaching in classic and skate skiing, theory sessions, personal technique video analysis, social activities, trail fees, and waxes.
Arrivals and check in, dinner and welcome reception, orientation and ski videos in the Day Lodge
Morning: Equipment overview, morning introductory classic ski session
Afternoon: Instructional skate tour of the trails
Evening: Waxing and ski base preparation techniques
Morning: Classic technique session
Afternoon: Skate ski on trails
Evening: Individual technique video reviews and World Cup/Olympics videos
Morning: Interval session on skis
Afternoon: Yoga session in the Day Lodge
Evening: Fitness and training principles for all ages, Running With Wolves movie
Morning: Downhill techniques on skate skis
Afternoon: Long slow distance classic ski. Optional massage sessions.
Evening: Social activities in the Day Lodge or sauna
Morning: Relaxing ski tour and check out
Lyle Wilson: past Olympic and World Championships Coach for Canada, Level IV NCCP & Level IV CANSI certified, past Canadian Masters Ski Champion & active ski racer. 2011 Masters World Cup – silver & bronze medalist.
Wendy Grater: Level IV CANSI & Natn. Technical Committee member, reigning National Masters Champion & past World Masters medalist & active ski racer.
Ski Instruction – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Accommodation – Five nights at Nipika in one of our cozy log cabins, family style/shared accommodation with other camp guests. Private room rental is available.
Meals – Group meals at Nipika from Day 1 dinner to Day 6 breakfast and wine with dinners.
Local shuttles in the Columbia Valley
- Personal clothing and gear. A recommended list will be provided. Rental equipment (skis, boots and poles) is available upon request.
- Travel between your home and Nipika (optional shuttle between Calgary airport and Nipika at $125 each way).
- Any hotel accommodation or meals other than those listed.
- Souvenirs, purchases of a personal nature.
- Any additional expenses or costs incurred as a result of delays to the trip caused by factors beyond our control such as weather, flight delays, etc.