18 May Whitewater Canoe Clinic – August 7-9, 2020
Date: Friday, August 7 – Sunday, August 9, 2020
Nipika’s Whitewater Canoe weekend is the perfect opportunity to learn the paddling skills and safety techniques required to enjoy paddling wild rivers. It is designed to provide excellent instruction in a relaxed setting on the Kootenay River. Strokes, rescues, safety, and canoe-camping techniques are covered.
After the clinic you’ll feel much more confident and ready to try one of our longer river trips.
- Arrivals, session and equipment overview, and flatwater warmup on Nipika’s pond.
- Set up camp by the Kootenay River and eat dinner.
- Breakfast at camp and practice skills and maneuvers while paddling class 1 and 2 whitewater
- Picnic lunch
- Safety and river running procedures session
- Set up camp and dinner
- Evening campfire
- Review and practice river reading
- Paddle to take out at White River Bridge
- Shuttle back to Nipika for wrap up and 4pm departure